CCHR: Psychiatric Abuse of the Elderly
www.cchrint.org An estimated 15000 Elderly patients are killed ever year from antipsychotic drugs – although thousands far more are electroshocked. Psychiatry and those who follow their practices (drugs, restraints, electroshock) have no reverence or respect for the elderly, and make use of unsafe drugs and ‘treatments’ as a method of management and retaining them quiet. They will happily provide limitless prescriptions of psychoactive medications or ECT. In just a six-month time period in 2007, Medicare received 9 million in claims for antipsychotics for elderly in nursing properties. Daniel R. Levinson, Office of Inspector Common (OIG), Division of Wellness and Human Companies, stated not too long ago, “Despite the reality that it is possibly lethal to prescribe antipsychotics to patients with dementia, there is ample proof that some drug businesses aggressively marketed their merchandise towards such populations, putting earnings ahead of safety…. Government, taxpayers, nursing property residents, as nicely as their households and caregivers should be outraged — and look for solutions.”
Video Rating: 4 / five
This weeks top deals
- how do I deal with a elderly mother with dementia without going crazy?
- what are the laws that protect the elderly in Ohio with alzheimers?
- Q&A: I like to try to convince elderly people I think may have alzheimers that Im their grandson?
- Why the sudden dementia and unresponsiveness of my elderly Dad?
- Q&A: How can I find in-home care for my elderly mother with dementia?