How does the moon affect with people with dementia?
by Rana X.
Query by likeomg: How does the moon impact with men and women with dementia?
My mom is a caregiver and she has a client that has dementia. The client was truly…really…not herself as usual right now. (i do not know what word to describe it) My mom and I was outdoors and we saw that there was a full moon. My mom said so that’s why she was acting this way nowadays. I got confused. She said when there is a complete moon people with dementia act differently. She mentioned it occurs to all dementia individuals. I don’t comprehend how the moon affects her at all…Aid! THANkS!
Answer by hamrrfan
There has been a lot of anecdotal info about the complete moon and bizarre behavior. The source has a great discussion of it.
As it notes, the word lunatic is primarily based on the Latin word luna which indicates moon.
I am an RN and have heard this for years. There is no way of figuring out if in this client’s case if there is a connection or just a cooincidence. One particular would have to see a pattern more than a quantity of full moons.
Know much better? Leave your very own answer in the comments!
Incoming search terms:
- dementia and full moon
- moonlight dementia
- full moon and dementia
- dementia and a full moon
- how does the full moon affect people with dementia
- moonlight dementia symptoms in elderly
- how does the moon affect dementia suffers
- how full moon affects people with dementia
- Is demenia affected by the full moon
- Lunar dementia
This weeks top deals
- Caring for People with Alzheimer’s & Dementia | Pleasantries Massachusetts
- Finding Caregivers For People With Alzheimer?s Disease
- Early onset dementia, diagnosis, younger people with dementia: Ann’s story (subtitled)
- my husband has dementia and turns the volume way up on the tv day and night – Is this related to his dementia?
- Anyone have any experience with sudden hearing loss and dementia?