Q&A: How can I reduce the pain of dementia for my grandmother?
Query by MIDHUN: How can I decrease the discomfort of dementia for my grandmother?
my grandmother is suffering from dementia for the last 2 many years. Physician says she is in the last stage of dementia. It is genuinely heart breaking to see how she is crying with discomfort.. we cant identify the pain also. We have attempted the pain killers up to the maximum tolerable dosage. She is a quite lean individual that she cant tolerate large dosage of discomfort killers or sedatives. Please assist me… I cant see this…
Answer by Nurse For 21 Years
If she is in the final stages of dementia, how did you even conclude that she is in physical discomfort? Dementia itself does not trigger physical pain. Is she guarding any certain element of her physique? Does she have any other illness approach occurring? Is she decreasing some sort of movement on her body or is her appetite transforming? Its challenging to say if she genuinely is getting any pain. Just do not drug her up for no purpose.
Bear in mind that dementia usually causes unexplained feelings, this kind of as crying, frequently creating an individual think that the patient is in some sort of discomfort. You actually require to go over this with her physician.
Know far better? Leave your personal answer in the comments!
This weeks top deals
- Anyone have any experience with sudden hearing loss and dementia?
- 14 minutes of a night with my Grandmother who has dementia.
- Turmeric Hrx – Curcumin Root Extract with Boswellia & Ashwagandha. Antioxidant, Acne Relief, Immune Support and for Joint Pain. – 900 Mg Pure Curcumin Per Serving (95% Curcuminoids)
- Q&A: How bad will my grandmothers dementia get?
- How can I try to make someone with Alzheimers trust and understand me?!?