Why does the fact of being bilingual delay or prevent dementia? What is the scientific explanation?
Question by Pato: Why does the simple fact of being bilingual delay or avoid dementia? What is the scientific explanation?
The very same way it is stated that studying for pleasure contributes positively to our minds, it is also stated that bilingualism is positive. I would like to know more about this situation.
Answer by anna
It is not bilingualism in itself it really is the way speaking more than a single language, figuring out much more than 1 culture, produces new pathways and synapses in your brain. Each language has its very own guidelines, and even frequent-root languages this kind of as French, Spanish and Italian are diverse enough to engage the thoughts.
Constantly finding out new points and looking at old situations from new angles assists create these new pathways in the brain, in a way it keeps the brain “exercised” just as physical activity keeps your muscles match. Creating the new pathways and connnections is what aids stave off dementia.
The worst point you can do is just sit in front of the Television all day and stare, or by no means try out anything at all new.
Add your personal solution in the comments!
This weeks top deals
- What psychological theory can i apply to someone who has dementia?
- How can we handle situation where my brother has appointed his wife (has Alzheimers) to be his health proxy?
- Q&A: What Is th Differance between Alzheimer’s and Dementia ?
- Does boxing cause dementia or other health problems?
- Does the New York Yankees lineup have Alzheimers?